We Love BuicksThe Spirit of American Style
Buick Logo

We Love Buicks : Forums

We Love Buicks
For All and Everything about Buicks!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2004 Park Avenue Ultra Rough Idle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kauinca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: 2004 Park Avenue Ultra Rough Idle Reply with quote

I, too, love Buicks - just traded in my 2000 Century for a 2004 Park Avenue Ultra in December, but: the Park is idling very rough, the whole car shakes and there is a constant vibration in the steering wheel. The guys at the dealership (where my husband is a manager)shop keep saying it's normal. It's taching at less than a thousand rpms at an idle, but I'm afraid if they set the idle ahead it's going to take off at a stand still. Shouldn't the Park Avenue feel so still that you can't hardly tell it's running at an idle? Should I ever be feeling a vibration in the steering wheel? My Century was smooth as silk, what's going on w/the PA?

Also note these other things wrong with the PA:
1. a bracket was broken under the drivers seat, the whole seat had to be removed and the bracket replaced;
2. the lumbar was broken in the passenger seat, also had to be fixed;
3. there is no speaker in the front passenger door - in fact the hardware to mount it is missing entirely - waiting on the part.
4. the front seatbelts are installed inside out, that is the fold over where they're attached to the metal bracket faces out rather than in as does the airbag warning sticker. The seat belts still have to be fixed.

Anyway, I'd appreciate an honest response about the smoothness of the idle. There are no new PAs at my husband's dealership right now to compare mine with. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father has an 03 Park Avenue and it runs smooth and quite. He sometimes doesn't thinks its running and will try starting it again. He'll probably be needing a starter replace ment soon!
Nemaiym

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: I know things seriously, and also know the other part of thi Reply with quote

I know things seriously, and also know the other part of this on the web.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Buicks Forum Index -> I Need Help! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: