We Love BuicksThe Spirit of American Style
Buick Logo

We Love Buicks : Forums

We Love Buicks
For All and Everything about Buicks!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kelly was in a weakened state following a two-month barrage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Buicks Forum Index -> Enthusiasts of the pre-1950's Buicks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangshi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Kelly was in a weakened state following a two-month barrage Reply with quote

PHOENIX -- Everything was working for Madison Bumgarner. DeMar DeRozan Jersey . The lanky left-hander pitched into the ninth inning in a dominant performance, leading the San Francisco Giants to a 4-1 victory against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday. "I feel like I got better as the game went on," Bumgarner said. "We were making pitches both sides of the plate, the ball down when we wanted to go down and when we wanted to go up. I felt pretty good all-around today." When Bumgarner took the mound for the ninth, the only hit he had allowed was an infield single that easily could have been an out. "Im not going to lie. I thought about it," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "That would have been a tough only hit to give up." Another infield hit ended Bumgarners outstanding day. He was charged with an unearned run to go along with seven strikeouts and two walks. "He was exceptional," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "Maybe the best I have ever seen him." Sergio Romo gave up Martin Prados RBI single but got his second save in two nights and his 22nd in 26 opportunities overall. Cody Ross got Arizonas first hit when he reached on a dribbler to the left of the mound in the second. Bumgarner went to his right to get the ball, slid, and then stood up and threw low to first baseman Joaquin Arias. "I just tried to get to it as soon as I could," Bumgarner said. "I thought sliding and picking it up and standing up would be the quickest to do it. I didnt want to air-mail it to Arias over there. I kind of threw it in the dirt and gave him a tough hop to get. Nine times out of 10 he comes up with that." Arizonas Paul Goldschmidt called it "one of the better performances Ive seen." Diamondbacks rookie Mike Bolsinger (1-3) allowed a run and five hits in 7 2-3 innings. "He is good and that is why he will probably be an All-Star again this year," Bolsinger said of Bumgarner. "All I could do is really keep the team in the game. I tried to and we just caught Bumgarner on one of his good days." San Francisco won two in a row against Arizona after losing six straight. It was the third victory in the last 12 games for the NL West-leading Giants, who play the next 10 at home. "It was time for us to start working our way out of this," Bumgarner said. "Everybodys still been in good spirits, a good attitude, so thats a big series to win for us." San Francisco led 1-0 through eight innings. The run scored when Tyler Colvin doubled home Brandon Crawford from first in the fifth inning. Colvin was out trying to stretch it to a triple on a superb relay throw by shortstop Didi Gregorius. San Francisco tagged on three in the ninth, including Joe Paniks run-scoring double for his first career RBI in his first major league start. Buster Posey also doubled home a run and Crawford had an RBI single. In the Arizona ninth, pinch-hitter Jordan Pacheco reached on an error by shortstop Crawford and Ender Inciarte singled off the glove of third baseman Pablo Sandoval. Bochy then pulled Bumgarner, who was trying for his third career complete game. Romo came on and gave up Prados hit, but Paul Goldschmidt hit into a double play and Aaron Hill struck out to end it. NOTES: The Giants have decided not to put OF Angel Pagan on the DL, at least for now. He has missed the last six games with back problems. ... San Francisco returns home to face San Diego on Monday in the opener of a 10-game homestand. Matt Cain (1-5, 4.52 ERA) goes for San Francisco against Andrew Cashner (2-6, 2.46 ERA). ... The Diamondbacks have Monday off and begin a two-game interleague series against Cleveland on Tuesday. ... Diamondbacks rookie SS Chris Owings missed his second straight game with a sore ankle. Bruno Caboclo Jersey . Its been two seasons in one for both parties and neither will look back on the first 18 games fondly. "I think I took the fall for a lot of things," said Gay, reflecting on his short time in Toronto ahead of Wednesdays game against his former club. Tracy Mcgrady Jersey .com) - The Oklahoma City Thunder will try to get back on track Monday night when they welcome the Minnesota Timberwolves to Chesapeake Energy Arena. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authentic-Delon-Wright-Raptors-Jersey/ . Her return engagement begins tonight as TSN presents Day 1 coverage of the 2015 event from Melbourne. Watch Eugenie Bouchards opening round match at the Australian Open live tonight on TSN5 at 3am et/Midnight pt.Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly received encouraging news in his battle with cancer. An initial physical exam showed no evidence of sinus cancer three months after the former Buffalo Bills quarterback completed radiation and chemotherapy treatments, Dr. Peter Costantino said in a release issued by New York Citys Lenox Hill Hospital on Wednesday. "The treatments have so far completely eliminated Mr. Kellys pain, and his level of function has essentially returned to normal," said Costantino, who heads the hospitals head and neck institute. "Further, on physical examination, there is no evidence of the cancer." The statement was issued a day after Kelly visited the hospital for a follow-up examination. Costantino said a series of tests over the next week will determine if further treatments are necessary. "It is possible that no further treatment will be required," he said. Kelly had surgery in June 2013 to remove cancerous cells in his upper jaw. The cancer then spread to his sinus in March. Kellys wife Jill welcomed the news in a note posted on her Instagram account. "We haave come away from our checkup visit in NYC encouraged and hopeful," she wrote. Kyle Lowry Jersey. She added that the follow-up tests will include biopsies to confirm the cancer has been eradicated. Kelly was in a weakened state following a two-month barrage of treatments last spring. In one of his first public appearances following the treatments, Kelly surprised Bills players and staff by showing up to one of their final minicamp practices in June. Kelly was then strong enough to attend the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremonies in Canton, Ohio, three weeks ago, when former Bills teammate, receiver Andre Reed, was among the seven inductees. Reed closed his speech by having Kelly throw him a pass on stage. A day later, Kelly served as the Bills honorary captain before their preseason-opening game against the New York Giants. Kellys battle with cancer has been a public one, and attracted thousands of supporters and well-wishers on social media. "Kelly Tough" and "Prayers For JK" have become catch phrases and hashtags on Twitter by those voicing their support for Kelly. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Buicks Forum Index -> Enthusiasts of the pre-1950's Buicks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: