We Love BuicksThe Spirit of American Style
Buick Logo

We Love Buicks : Forums

We Love Buicks
For All and Everything about Buicks!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Serious issues that the shop can't figure out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Buicks Forum Index -> Enthusiasts of the 1990's Buicks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1990 LeSabre

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Help! Serious issues that the shop can't figure out. Reply with quote

My 1990 Buick LeSabre has the illustrius 3800 of course, and it runs great, only when you shut it down once it is warmed up, it won't start for about an hour. It just cranks and cranks. No fuel, no spark. Once it has cooled down, it fires right up and will stay running as long as you don't shut it down. Is there some sort of thermal protection switch that could have gone wrong? I have changed every single sensor except the Crank Sensor, and the computer itself. Every sensor has been changed, and the only code kicked was for the Cam Sensor which has been changed. What now? Swap the computer and the Crank Sensor and hope? Anyone have any ideas? When they try to hook up to the car with a diagnostics machine, most of the time it won't communicate, but when it does, it just kicks the same code. Now that I have changed the Cam Sensor, it still kicks a code, but I haven't ran it yet. Sound like a bad computer? Does the computer control the spark and fuel flow? I changed the fuel pump. What nightmare! Twisted Evil I changed the ignition and spark pack too. MAS, TPS, CPS, IAC, and even checked the fuses! HELP!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Stalling on 2000 3.8 Reply with quote

I own a 2000 Impala with a 3.8 that would stall without warning at idle or sometimes at 40-60 mph. The check engine light did not come on with any codes. I changed the crankshaft sensor for about $32.00 for a AC Delco part and fixed the problem...
anthony56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the problem i am also facing....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Buicks Forum Index -> Enthusiasts of the 1990's Buicks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: