We Love BuicksThe Spirit of American Style
Buick Logo

We Love Buicks : Forums

We Love Buicks
For All and Everything about Buicks!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

But its a good thing because you know the seasons close to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Buicks Forum Index -> Enthusiasts of the pre-1950's Buicks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: But its a good thing because you know the seasons close to Reply with quote

Lefty Kyle Anderson got it started and Ray Sadler, Tyler Kuhn and Luis Alen finished it off, as the Winnipeg Goldeyes combined pitching and defense to win their eighth game of the young American Association season. Antoine Vermette Jersey . Anderson went 6.1 innings and allowed just one run on five hits to earn the victory as the Goldeyes (8-4) beat the Sioux City Explorers (4-9) 2-1 in a thriller at Shaw Park. However, it was the final play of the game that brought the fans to their feet. With two out in the top of the ninth and speedy Nate Samson on first for Sioux City, Peter Barrows took a Chris Kissock pitch into the gap in left-centre field. But Sadler tracked it down, fired a strike to the cut-off man, Kuhn, who turned and fired a dart to catcher Luis Alen who easily put the tag on Samson for the final out of the game. "That was a great baseball game wasnt it?" Goldeyes manager Rick Forney asked rhetorically. "And that last play was a great play. You just dont know how hard that play is. That play is really hard. But those guys did a great job. Thats great baseball." Kuhn, the Goldeyes shortstop who threw a belt-high strike to the plate, knew exactly what he was going to do the moment the ball left Barrows bat. "Youre ready for a situation like that to happen," said Kuhn. "Once the ball went to the gap we all knew that home was the only place we were going. Ray gave me a good throw and I was able to make a good exchange and throw a decent ball to Luis to make the tag. Making a tag at homeplate is a tough play and Luis made a real good play there." Sioux City opened the scoring in the first inning. Former Canadian national team member, Rene Tosoni hit Andersons first pitch for a double and eventually scored on a cueballed infield single off the end of Tommy Mendoncas bat. The Goldeyes bounced back with a run in the fourth off Sioux City starter John Straka, as Donnie Webb singled, stole second and scored on a base hit by Casey Haerther. The Fish scored again in the fifth as Luis Alen doubled went to third on a groundout by Kuhn and scored on a sacrifice fly by Jake Blackwood. Thats all Anderson and the bullpen would need. Newly signed Kaohi Downing came in and pitched to two batters to get out of the sixth, then Brendan Lafferty shut it down in the eighth and Kissock got some tremendous defense to close it out and get his third save of the season. "My plan was to throw strikes," said Anderson. "Theyre a pretty aggressive team as we saw the other night, so I was really focusing on getting ahead in the counts. I wanted to get ahead early with the fastball and then move on to the curve ball and the change up and get them to roll over and just keep them off balance." Anderson (2-0, 1.13 ERA) did just that and earned the win. Straka (1-1, 2.29 ERA) pitched well but suffered the loss. The Goldeyes and Explorers meet up in Game 3 of this three-game series on Wednesday morning at 11 a.m. at Shaw Park. Matt Jackson (2-0, 1.39 ERA) will start for the Goldeyes while Wade Morrison (0-1, 1.17 ERA) will get the ball for Sioux City. Scott Niedermayer Jersey .Heres Ralph the Dog with the crew here at TSN jumping into the James Duthie TradeCentre selfie: Happy to drop by! RT @TSN_Sports: @tsnjamesduthie: Take this Ellen. Corey Perry Jersey .55 million euros (US$18.6 million) to Spanish tax authorities on Monday to cover any potential irregularities in its signing of Neymar, all the while maintaining its innocence of the fraud charges levied against it. http://www.officialduckshockeyauthentic.com/julius-nattinen-jersey/ . Smith, an eighth overall pick, had two goals in only 276 minutes of playing time over 16 appearances last season. The left side midfielder played only 43 minutes in three games this season.MONTREAL -- Star defenceman P.K. Subban is keeping quiet about negotiations on a new contract with the Montreal Canadiens. Subban is scheduled to go to arbitration on Friday unless he can ink a new deal with the club before then. "Ill answer one question about the negotiation: Its been kept pretty quiet the whole time and its going to remain that way until a deals done," he said Saturday at the RBC Canadian Open at Royal Montreal. "As of right now, Im just trying to enjoy the day and not think of anything." No matter how often he was asked in a scrum with media, there was no news on how much money the 2013 Norris Trophy winner is seeking or whether he wants a short or long-term deal. It may end up being among the richest contracts in the league, considering that the NHL salary cap will rise substantially next season and perhaps again the year after that. "Theres a lot of things on my mind," he said. "First of all, I love golf. "My favourite now is Graeme McDowell. I hope he picks it up here and pulls out a win for me. We had a great dinner last night. Ondrej Kase Jersey. . Hes also represented by RBC. That has taken my focus off a lot of things, not just contractual or hockey things." He applauded the deal the Canadiens signed this week with centre Lars Eller a day before he was scheduled to go to arbitration. Eller, after an ordinary regular season and a strong playoffs, inked a four-year US$14 million contract. "He deserves it," said Subban. "Hes played well and hes a big part of our team." Subban, who helped Canada to hockey gold at the Sochi Games in February, took part in a chipping contest with fellow Olympic athletes Brad Jacobs, a curling gold medallist, and snowboarder Caroline Calve. "This is probably the shortest summer Ive ever had because of how far we went in the playoffs," said Subban, whose team reached the Eastern Conference final. "But its a good thing because you know the seasons close to starting. "I think its 74 days before puck drops. Im trying to enjoy the summer but the hard training has already started." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Buicks Forum Index -> Enthusiasts of the pre-1950's Buicks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: